Spirit Lake Consulting, Inc. - "Making life better"
An Indian-owned business
The Spectrum of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Vocational rehabilitation provides many more types of services than most people realize.
These services are always provided without charge to VR clients:
- Diagnostic tests
- Job placement
There are over 14 other types of services which are available to VR clients and will be part of the IPE when necessary. There may be a charge for these services, in theory, although every client we have known served on the reservation has met the income guidelines to receive services for free. Most people will receive some of these services below. It is not likely anyone would receive all of them.
- Maintenance - a federal term for living expenses. These are only received under special circumstances. For example, if you need to go to Fargo for three days for tests with a physician who can diagnose your disability and an occupational therapist who can assess your ability to perform certain tasks during the three days you are there, the program would pay your room and meals.
- Services to family members - are also provided only under special circumstances. These must relate to the individual's employment outcome. Also, VR must be the last dollar of services. If a client needs child care, for example, VR would only pay if there was no room in Head Start for the child and no child care subsidies were available.
- Interpretive services for the deaf
- Reader services
- Telecommunications, sensory and other technological aids
- Rehabilitation Engineering Services (Assistive Technology)
- Personal assistance services, which include but are not limited to assistance with: personal hygiene; mobility; eating; dressing; errands and incidental communications
- Occupational licenses, tolls and equipment
- Recruiting and training services
- Placement services
- Physical and mental restoration - occupational therapy is included here
- Other goods and services
Spirit Lake Consulting, Inc. -- P.O.Box 663, 314 Circle Dr., Fort Totten, ND 58335 Tel: (701) 351-2175 Fax: (800) 905 -2571
Email us at: Info@SpiritLakeConsulting.com