Spirit Lake Consulting, Inc.
DEFINITION OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY
The federal definition of developmental disability is "chronic disability of an individual 5 years of age or older that--
(1) Is attributable to a mental or physical impairment or combination of mental and physical impairments;
(2) Is manifested before the individual attains age 22;
(3) Is likely to continue indefinitely;
(4) Results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas of major life activity--
(5) Reflects the individual's need for a combination and sequence of special, interdisciplinary, or generic services, supports, or other assistance that is of lifelong or extended duration and is individually planned and coordinated, except that such term, when applied to infants and young children means individual from birth to age 5, inclusive, who have substantial developmental delay or specific congenital or acquired conditions with a high probability of resulting in developmental disabilities if services are not provided."
There! Now, wasn't that exciting?
Spirit Lake Consulting, Inc. -- P.O.Box 663, 314 Circle Dr., Fort Totten, ND 58335 Tel: (701) 351-2175 Fax: (800) 905 -2571
Email us at: Info@SpiritLakeConsulting.com